Framebuffer problems (like Mike Tangolics' problems)

From: Dave Wickham (dave@aagames.co.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 13:51:03 EST

I appear to have the same problem as Mike Tangolics does using stock
2.5.66 and 2.4.20 kernels. Using the exact same LILO config as I do on a
2.4.18 kernel (the default Slackware 8.1 precompiled version, if that
makes any difference), the display is blank (every time). Everything has
started, as I can still SSH into the machine. .config files are
available on request, and below is my lilo.conf file (with unneeded stuff
 - e.g. comments - stripped out).

--lilo.conf
boot = /dev/hda
message = /boot/boot_message.txt
prompt
timeout = 1200
change-rules
  reset
vga = 773
image = /boot/devlinx
  root = /dev/hda4
  label = Linux-DEV
  read-only
image = /boot/gcc3linux
  root = /dev/hda4
  label = Linux
  read-only
image = /boot/vmlinuz
  root = /dev/hda4
  label = Linux-OLD
  read-only
--end lilo.conf

Linux-OLD boots perfectly in this case, but Linux-DEV and Linux don't
give any "video" (e.g. startup information).
I tried the suggestion given by Matthew Hall, but that made no
difference.

I'm using an nVidia GeForce 2MX 32MB.

--
Dave Wickham
Yes, I'm using Microsoft Outlook until I get my XFree86 compiled again.