some new remote kernel exploit?

From: Jure Pecar (
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 20:33:15 EST

Hi all,

Please see my post to the redhat list at

I'm getting more and more affraid ... since now the the third box was
targeted and there were more attempts at 22:00-22:47 localtime (gmt+1).

rpm -Va shows nothing suspicious, so i hope these are still only attempts.

I have put the ksymoops from the logs at if you
want to see them all.

I'm pretty much without ideas how to track this down ... expect to sit at
the computer for the next 24h and be ready to start dumping traffic at the
moment it starts again.

Please cc me on replies. Thanks.

Jure Pecar - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to More majordomo info at Please read the FAQ at