Help needed reg implementation of LDT on i386

From: sample junk (gumnam777@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 11:23:28 EST

Hi all,
      I am trying to implement per process LDT for
linux-2.4.20 on IA-32. During booting the kernel
does'nt get past the invocation of /sbin/init.
      I have made the following changes for my
implementation
1) Have added segment descriptors for User code and
data in the newly created segment in the function
"copy_segments".
2)changed the __USER_CS and USER_DS to point into the
new descriptors created above.

   Could anyone suggest where i had gone wrong??

TIA
gum