fairsched-A5 for 2.5.66

From: Antonio Vargas (wind@cocodriloo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 11:49:21 EST

This patch is a forward port of the fairsched-2.4.19 patch by Rik van Riel, which
ensures all competing users get an equal share of cpu time.

Since the earlier patch applied to the classic O(n) process scheduler,
and this one applies to the standard 2.5 O(1) one, the mapping isn't
one-to-one but rather more complex.

The news:

Original 2.4.19 version: Rik van Riel, riel@surriel.com
Forward ported 2.5.66 version: Antonio Vargas, wind@cocodriloo.com

A0: initial layout for code and data

A1: introduce runqueue handling related to per-user cpu share

A2: add proper locking and O(1) behaviour

A3: perform all work with a kernel thread

A4: introduced a new priority array to park pending tasks,
    works when running in debug mode using printk

A5: A4 never worked when using printk. It works for user==root,
    but fails when we introduce any other user in the system.
    Added lotsa printk to trace the thing, but I don't know
    why it fails or how to make it work. HELP!!!

I've put it up on this URL:

http://www.cocodriloo.com/~wind/fairsched/index.html

Hope a more scheduler-related experienced kernel hacker can help me
on this issue.

Greets, Antonio.