Re: 2.5 'what to expect' document.

From: Nigel Cunningham (ncunningham@clear.net.nz)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 00:19:03 EST

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 07:31, Dave Jones wrote:
> Power management.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> - software suspend is still in development, and in need of more work.
> It is unlikely to work as expected currently.

If you wish, your comment could reflect the fact that a more advanced
version is available under 2.4 and is being actively maintained and
enhanced. It has been ported to 2.5 and is being kept in sync with a
view to inclusion in 2.5 or 2.6. It may not be in the kernel tree by the
time 2.6 is released, but I will do my utmost to ensure the patches are
maintained, since I plan in using it! :>

Regards,

Nigel