irq trouble: "No IRQ known for interrupt pin C of device..."

From: Helge Bahmann (bahmann@math.tu-freiberg.de)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 05:01:51 EST

Hello .*

I have trouble getting a Dawicontrol DuoMedia PCI card (USB2 and ieee1394)
to work in my system (2xIntel PII, S1834/Tyan Tiger 133 mainboard, kernel
2.4.20 from debian testing). The firewire part is working fine, but usb is
not.

When I "insmod ehci-hcd", I get the following kernel messages:

--- SNIP ---
PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin C of device 02:09.2. Probably buggy MP
table.
hcd.c: Found HC with no IRQ. Check BIOS/PCI 02:09.2 setup!
--- SNIP ---

BIOS is set to mps1.4, and updated to latest revision (Rev. 1.05 dated
08/02/00); booting with "noapic pci=biosirq", does not help either.

I am completely lost and have zero idea what else I can do -- can someone
give me any hint how to proceed?

Output from lspci, dmesg and mptable attached in the hope that it may be
helpful.

Thanks for your patience and for reading thus far :-)

Regards
Helge Bahmann

PS: please cc, not subscribed to lkml