[2.5.67-mm4] Can't open pty's

From: J. Hidding (J.Hidding@student.rug.nl)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 22:26:17 EST

Hi,

Xterm (nor any other VT) won't run on my freshly compiled
2.5.67-mm4 kernel. It says:

--
xterm: Error 32, errno 2: No such file or directory
Reason: get_pty: not enough ptys

When I look in /dev all the ptys are there. Also dmesg gives no strange reading (not on this matter).

I attached my .config and dmesg (it does show earlier mentioned weird things about IRQ 12, and a little chatter about UDF-fs)

Thanks,

Johan Hidding

PS: I haven't got strace compiled yet, but when I tried: -- # emerge -p strace/strace-4.4-r1

Calculating dependencies emerge: create(): aux_get() error on log/strace-4.4-r1; aborting... -- I don't know if this is a kernel error, or something Gentoo