Help needed: unable to stop /dev/md1 where root is mounted on 2.4.19.SuSE-246

From: Michael Daskalov (MDaskalov@technologica.biz)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 01:37:22 EST

Hi all,
I have the following situation. I have my root partition on RAID1 (/dev/hda5 and /dev/sda5) - /dev/md1.

I have two partitions for boot, which are also in raid1 configuration.
/dev/md0 (/dev/hda1, /dev/sda1).

On system reboot or shutdown the md device is not stopped (a clean record is not written on it),
And after system reboot it always starts reconstructing.

Which is the correct way to setup the situation?

I'm activating the raid devices through initrd's linuxrc, where I'm loading a
1) hpt302.o driver,
2) raid1.o, raid5.o - The raid personality modules, and then I run
3)raidstart --all.

On shutdown I see messages that
/dev/md2, /dev/md3, /dev/md4 are also stopped.

I see a message saying /dev/md0 is put in read-only mode.

Only /dev/md1 where is my rootfs is not stopped.
I see the following message:
md: md1 is still active

Best regards and 10x for any help,
Mihail Daskalov