Re: Linux 2.4.21-rc1 : aic7xxx deadlock on boot on my machine

From: Eric Valette (eric.valette@free.fr)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 03:53:23 EST

Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:

> I'll _bet_ that the new well good code from Justin won't make it into 2.4
> earlier than 2.4.22-pre1.

I do not really see why because 2.4.20 -> 2.4.21 contains already such a
driver change. Note that I mailed alan and justin on pre4-acxx. Justin
suggested various fixes that did not resolve the problem and then
decided to do a code inspection. Reading the Changelog, indeed the
locking startegy has changed compared to the rc1 version. I mailed
arcello again on pre7 even providing kdbg backtrace.

Never mind : the report is more informative to others as I already
patched my kernel to the last version...

Thanks for responding, and providing integrated patch sets.

Have a good day.

--
    __
   /  `                   	Eric Valette