Re: FileSystem Filter Driver

From: Nir Livni (nir_l3@netvision.net.il)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 07:58:21 EST

> On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 15:58, Nir Livni wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I am looking for information about writing a FileSystem Filter Driver on
RH.
> > Any documentation or source code samples whould be appreciated.
> >

> What's a FileSystem Filter Driver?

A FileSystem Filter Driver, is a driver the is located above the file system
driver, and filters calls. It may pass the call to the filesystem as is,
maybe change it, or fail it ("access denied" for example).
It is actually something that exists on Windows file systems, but I'm sure
it can also be done on Linux.