Re: IEEE-1394 problem on init [ was Re: Linux 2.4.21-rc1 ]

From: Stelian Pop (stelian.pop@fr.alcove.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 08:58:14 EST

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 09:32:56AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:

> > Can we see it please ?
>
> Stelia,
>
> http://www.linux1394.org/viewcvs/ieee1394/branches/linux-2.4
>
> Click the "Download tarball" link and replace drivers/ieee1394 with what
> you get.

Hey, that's a whole new version of ieee1394 subsystem, see below the
diffstat.

There is *NO WAY* Marcelo will accept such a patch in the -rc stage.

>From a quick reading, your version seem to do exactly the same thing
that my patch suggested (removing the spinlock around kernel_thread()),
possibly with the locking being moved to the upper layer.

Do you have a stripped down patch correcting only the outstanding issues ?
If you haven't, the choice will be either accepting my patch or
reverting your entire ieee1394 changes for the time being.

Stelian.

 amdtp.c | 78 ++--
 cmp.c | 70 ---
 csr.c | 14