Re: 2.5.68 kernel no initrd

From: Felipe Alfaro Solana (felipe_alfaro@linuxmail.org)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 16:54:02 EST

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 15:49, Paweł Gołaszewski wrote:
> initrd gives much more flexibility.
> I can make one kernel and use it on _all_ of my mashines, just change
> initrd. quick, nice and flexible with proper initrd tools set.

I don't have any doubts that initrd is a very flexible solution and
provides for a generic kernel. However, in the end (I'm talking about my
experiences), initrd has caused me more troubles than problems it
solved. I always keep all "config" file for every kernel I use on my
machines.

Linux Registered User #287198