Re: Fix SWSUSP & !SWAP

From: CaT (cat@zip.com.au)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 19:31:43 EST

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 05:26:28PM -0700, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
> | fragmented). The simplest solution is to keep using the current method
> | and create a separate swap partition if you really feel you need to,
> | only turning it on before swap and turning if off afterwards. As Pavel
> | said, code could be added to get swsusp to do it itself.
>
> That may be simple for you, but for lots of users, adding a partition
> (to a ususally full disk drive) isn't simple. It means backups,
> shrink a filesystem, shrink a partition, add a partition, and run
> mkswap on it. Yes, the latter 2 are simple, but the former ones
> are not.
>
> Oh, and then just start over and install everything from backups. :(

parted should help with this. Dunno if it can move the start of a
partition yet but you can move the end down and put in your suspend
partition in the space you just made.

--
Martin's distress was in contrast to the bitter satisfaction of some
of his fellow marines as they surveyed the scene. "The Iraqis are sick