ide-2.5.68.patch

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 20:47:36 EST

LKML et al.

This patch is to promote Bartlomiej to a well earned position as the
Global IDE Maintainer, as I have stepped tp the side to handle the SATA
and vendor chipset issues. My time here was to clean up the transport to
allow the simplicity of the protocol to be expressed.

If there is an issue where one believes I need tp be included in the
thread please CC me as I limit my reading of lkml directly.

This patch also addresses some text whose intent may be a restriction to
GPL; however, GPL itself is flawed as it relates to concatenation or
appending addition information to a binary program, be it a kernel or app.
whose current license status is GPL or LGPL. With this in mind, I will
formally announce that all of my contributions to the kernel over the past
5 years or so are to be dual licensed in OSL/GPL format. I would strongly
suggest any person who has a stake in the kernel to review OSL and
consider.

If anyone has an issue with this change, get over it. If you can not get
over it, you can pay for the legal opinion for review.

Regards,

Andre Hedrick
LAD Storage Consulting Group

The (retiring) Linux ATA/IDE guy