From: Kevin Curtis (kevin.curtis@farsite.co.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 07:53:26 EST

Hi,
        I have installed Aurora 1.0 on a Sparc Ultra 60 workstation and have
a command line system running (X doesn't work yet but that's another
question for later).

For sparc64 I realise that userland is 32 bits and Kernel space is 64 bits.
I have built a Kernel module in userland and I am trying to load it into the
Kernel. I get the following error message:

[root@icarus kernel]# /sbin/insmod fred.o
fsx25.o: ELF file fred.o not for this architecture

I assume this is to do with the 32/64 bit issue. What magic do I need to
place in my Makefile or tool do I need to use to build a module that can be
loaded.

I have spent a couple of hours searching with google but haven't found any
help in this matter.

Thanks

Kevin