Re: Linux 2.4.21-rc1

From: Athanasius (link@miggy.org)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 15:30:17 EST

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 12:17:43PM -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Athanasius wrote:
>
> > Yup, that *seems* to have fixed it. Booted up, updatedb run, compile
> > of a few things done, running X, even burned a CD, no sign of the
> > reported problem.
> >
> > This could do with some easily accessible documentation someplace, but
> > I'm not sure *where* such should go.
>
> I dont think this is a fix, it's a work-around. It shouldn't be
> documnented, it should be made to work. That might mean having the kbuild
> prevent inappropriate use, of course.

  Agreed, I more meant it needs documenting so that those people that
hit it can apply the workaround and otherwise test the kernels. I guess
for now those of us that know about it will just have to keep an eye out
for others reporting the problem then clue them in.

-Ath, now happily running 2.4.21-rc1, when he couldn't run anything past
2.4.21-pre4 before

--
- Athanasius = Athanasius(at)miggy.org / http://www.miggy.org/
                  Finger athan(at)fysh.org for PGP key