Re: ChangeLog suggestion

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 11:50:37 EST

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 09:34:25AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> (Even my scripts don't see the full email a large percentage of the time:
> I end up prettifying the emails for actual application by first removing
> things like "Hi Linus, please apply this" etc which are pointless in the
> changelog).

I really wish Marcelo would do this or someone would volunteer to clean
up the change log comments. BitKeeper doesn't have an easy way to
propogate changes to the checkin comments (they are not currently
revision controlled). However, you can change them and someone could
clean up all the crud in the 2.4 tree and we could replace the one
on bkbits with a cleaned up one.

--
---
Larry McVoy              lm at bitmover.com          http://www.bitmover.com/lm