Re: [RFD] Combined fork-exec syscall.

From: Mark Grosberg (mark@nolab.conman.org)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 20:16:44 EST

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, Larry McVoy wrote:

> If you do this, _please_ make it compat with NT.

Actually, I thought about this. My first thought is this could benefit
WINE running on Linux. Then (not like I'm a Wine expert by any means) I
figured it might be an issue as far as having to do some preliminary
wineserver setup work (if anybody on this list knows better than me, speak
up!)

But yeah, basically, something similar to NT's CreateProcess(). For the
cases where the one-step process creation is sufficient.

L8r,
Mark G.