Re: [Patch] DMA mapping API for Alpha

From: Marc Zyngier (mzyngier@freesurf.fr)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 06:58:29 EST

>>>>> "Ivan" == Ivan Kokshaysky <ink@jurassic.park.msu.ru> writes:

Ivan> Then the rest would be

Ivan> static inline dma_addr_t
Ivan> dma_map_single(struct device *dev, void *cpu_addr, size_t size,
Ivan> enum dma_data_direction dir)
Ivan> {
Ivan> return pci_map_single(pci_dev_to_pci(dev), cpu_addr, size, dir);
Ivan> }

That's exactly what I wanted to avoid : It we feed NULL (for a non PCI
device) to pci_map_single (for example), we limit the max DMA address
to 24 bits, and this is quite bad for an EISA device, which is 32 bits
capable.

This approch doesn't look better to me than the pci_* implementation,
while the one I suggested gives us some full control over the DMA
mask.

Or am I completly wrong ?

        M.

--
Places change, faces change. Life is so very strange.