Re: Stack Trace dump in do_IRQ

From: Christoph Hellwig (hch@infradead.org)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 07:35:16 EST

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 06:04:28PM +0530, Chandrasekhar wrote:
> Hi All,
> We have a custom driver which runs on Red Hat Advanced Server 2.1(kernel
> version 2.4.9-e.3).

In general please report bugs for vendor kernels to their repective
vnedors - the RH AS kernels have forked from mainline 2.4 more than 1 1/2
years ago so they are very different from any official kernel.

> dont have the same check? Also, if the stack overflow can cause future
> problems, then
> how can we increase the stack size? Thanks in advance for any information on
> this.

I'd suggest fixing the driver instead :) and btw, a similar debugging
check is merged in recent mainline kernels.