Re: [FLAME]: Log and console pollution: ip_tables: (C) 2000-2002 Netfilter core team

From: Maciej Soltysiak (solt@dns.toxicfilms.tv)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 13:24:14 EST

Hi,

> Gladly, most humble authors refrain from this bloat.
Strange, i though we are coding for fame and glory ? :)

But seriously...
You see these messages only when you load the module. On a
non-testbed-machine it is once a boot. I would not call that polluting
the logs.

On the other hand on a testbed-machine you see these messages when you
load and reload the modules. I treat these messages as debug messages.
When I develop a module i put versioning info there, and i know if I
loaded the correct module or some previous version.

Regards,
Maciej Soltysiak