Re: Issues with 2.4.20/2.4.21-rc1[-ac3] and 2.5.68 on a Dell laptop

From: Justin Pryzby (justinpryzby@users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 01:46:04 EST

Hi; FWIW, I've got an Inspiron 4000 running 2.5.68. Neither
/proc/sys/cpu/0/speed nor /proc/cpufreq all me to change any values
(speed has min==max==0, `cat cpufreq` lists no parameters). `cat i8k`
works, causing no such lock. I don't use suspend/resume. The screen
brightness buttons work and do not hang. ACPI kind of works;
`cat BAT0/info` causes "Error: ul_allocate: Attempt to allocate zero bytes".
The same occurs when I reinsert the battery.

Justin Pryzby

PS: I can confirm that /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID/state works; I just
sshed in to check.