Re: must-fix list for 2.6.0

From: Maciej Soltysiak (solt@dns.toxicfilms.tv)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 05:16:23 EST

> kernel/
> -------
>
> - O(1) scheduler starvation, poor behaviour seems unresolved.
>
> Jens: "I've been running 2.5.67-mm3 on my workstation for two days, and
> it still doesn't feel as good as 2.4. It's not a disaster like some
> revisisons ago, but it still has occasional CPU "stalls" where it feels
> like a process waits for half a second of so for CPU time. That's is very
> noticable."
Well, i had similar problems with 2.5 stalling, but now that i disabled
preemtible kernel, it is better now. Are there no complaints about preemt?

Also there is one issue, i am not sure if this may be a kernel issue,
but with setiathome running in a X desktop environment all apps work fine,
but when i run openoffice, openoffice responds with 5 second delay.
I remember somebody noticing a problem with evolution that was related to
a kernel problem. Maybe i could help sorting it out?

Regards,
Maciej