Re: ALSA and 2.4.x

From: David van Hoose (davidvh@cox.net)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 15:07:43 EST

Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Fri Apr 25, 2003 at 02:10:31PM +0200, Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:
>
>>On Friday 25 April 2003 14:01, Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:
>>
>>Hi again,

>>>Are you sure that this is 0.9.2 ALSA? I am afraid it is 0.9.0-rc6.
>>
>>this looks _very_ similar to the patch I had in WOLK4 some time ago and it was
>>0.9.0-rc6.
>

> I finally got a bit of time this morning, so I have now updated
> my patch set. I check very carefully and made sure I generated
> my ALSA 0.9.2 patch from the correct kernel tree this time, so
> it actually contains my 0.9.2 port this time.
>
> http://codepoet.org/kernel/
>
> Sorry about having the wrong alsa patch in there last time. Last
> time around I has accidentlly built my alsa patch from my older
> alsa kernel tree. I have this built into my kernel and I now see
>
> Partition check:
> hda: hda1 hda2
> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 0.9.2.
> PCI: Setting latency timer of device 00:11.5 to 64
> ALSA device list:
> #0: VIA 8233 at 0xcc00, irq 5
>
> on bootup and xmms is playing. Hope this is helpful,

I'm getting an unresolved in soundcore.o that is preventing me from
having sound.
/lib/modules/2.4.21-rc1/kernel/sound/soundcore.o: unresolved symbol
devfs_remove
/lib/modules/2.4.21-rc1/kernel/sound/soundcore.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.21-rc1/kernel/sound/soundcore.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.21-rc1/kernel/sound/soundcore.o: insmod snd-card-0 failed

Can that be fixed?
Also I have problems if I compile USB Audio and USB MIDI from the USB
section AND USB Audio and USB MIDI from the ALSA section. Compilation
fails in that situation. Might want to put the former patch up if this
stuff might take a while to fix.

Thanks,
David