RE: comparison between signed and unsigned

From: Riley Williams (Riley@Williams.Name)
Date: Sun May 04 2003 - 05:15:45 EST

Hi Anders.

> Sitting here watching the compile output from 2.4.21-rc1-ac4 and
> noticing there is a _lot_ of warnings about comparisons between
> signed and unsigned values. The question I have is the following.
> If all the signed values were modified to unsigned to fix the
> warnings, how likely are things to break? Is there any reason to
> use signed values unless a specific reason when negative values
> are required?

The obvious question is this: How many of those warnings also occur
with the pristine source - i.e., the -rc1 without the -ac4 source. It
would probably be best to wade through the -rc1 sources fixing those
first, then worry about the -ac* sources once those have been merged
in.

Best wishes from Riley.

---
 * Nothing as pretty as a smile, nothing as ugly as a frown.