Re: The disappearing sys_call_table export.

From: Arjan van de Ven (arjanv@redhat.com)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 06:27:27 EST

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 01:23:19PM +0200, Terje Eggestad wrote:

> Lets deal, I'll GPL the trace module if you get me a
> EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(sys_call_table);

the sys call table is not un-exported for license-political reasons.
It's unexported because there is no correct use for it and that it can't
be used correctly either. Tell me which lock your module uses to protect
modifications to it? Tell me how you handle other modules trying to
overload the same syscall and those modules loading before your module but
then unloading while yours is still loaded?

It's the wrong mechanism to do ANYTHING. Really.