Re: ISDN massive packet drops while DVD burn/verify

From: Stephan von Krawczynski (skraw@ithnet.com)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 12:26:52 EST

On Mon, 5 May 2003 18:46:53 +0200
Karsten Keil <kkeil@suse.de> wrote:

> > How did we manage to become that bad?
>
> Its not so bad, the problem is how do you tune the system. If you prefer to
> not interrupt the IDE transfers, which seems to be the default case, you
> loose IRQ latency, which doesn't matter in much cases, but not on
> this. You can tune it (hdparm work also with cdwriters, since
> even if it use ide-scsi, the underlying driver is the ide driver.

You mean UDMA 2 does not make it (which I had in the test case)?

# hdparm -i /dev/hdc

/dev/hdc:

 Model=SONY DVD RW DRU-500A, FwRev=2.0c, SerialNo=DA5B9D3D
 Config={ Fixed Removeable DTR<=5Mbs DTR>10Mbs nonMagnetic }
 RawCHS=0/0/0, TrkSize=0, SectSize=0, ECCbytes=0
 BuffType=unknown, BuffSize=0kB, MaxMultSect=0
 (maybe): CurCHS=0/0/0, CurSects=0, LBA=yes, LBAsects=0
 IORDY=on/off, tPIO={min:180,w/IORDY:120}, tDMA={min:120,rec:120}
 PIO modes: pio0 pio1 pio2 pio3 pio4
 DMA modes: mdma0 mdma1 mdma2
 UDMA modes: udma0 udma1 *udma2
 AdvancedPM=no
 Drive conforms to: device does not report version: 4 5 6

> This all don't say that here maybe also other problems around, but I have no
> better explanation.

Hm, this looks like the unresolved sleeping AVM Fritz2 syndrome to me: no idea
of what's really going on ...

--
Regards,
Stephan