Re: USB not working with 2.5.69, worked with .68

From: Stian Jordet (liste@jordet.nu)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 18:07:02 EST

man, 05.05.2003 kl. 23.51 skrev Greg KH:
> On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 10:54:20PM +0200, Stian Jordet wrote:
> >
> > I have read somewhere that the USB device not accepting new address
> > means that the host-controller doesn't get an interrupt, and that this
> > often is because of ACPI. It's just the same with acpi disabled (and in
> > 2.5.68 it did work with and without acpi).
>
> Hm, can you look at /proc/interrups and verify that the usb controller's
> interrupt count is going up? It really sounds like the interrupt isn't
> getting through to the usb controller driver.

*argh* I hate this. Earlier I only tried to disable acpi, I had to
disable MPS1.4 in the BIOS as well. Now it works. But, I can't turn my
computer off without acpi. This worked with 2.5.68, so something has
changed, but I guess you aren't the one to blame, then.

Thanks for answering, and sorry I didn't find this out earlier. But it
works with acpi in 2.5.68, that's what's bugging me :)

Best regards,
Stian

A little off-topic rant about my motherboard:

I have a ASUS CUV266-DLS motherboard. Dual P3, integrated SCSI and
ethernet. Since it is smp, I have to use ACPI to power it off.

* With kernel 2.5.69, and ACPI enabled, usb doesn't work.

* With earlier ACPI enabled kernels, and secondary ide disabled in bios,
usb doesn't work.

* Without ACPI, no kernel will boot with secondary ide enabled.

It's not easy..