Re: [ANNOUNCE] HFS+ driver

From: J.A. Magallon (jamagallon@able.es)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 17:12:02 EST

On 05.08, Brad Boyer wrote:
> On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 11:34:01PM +0200, J.A. Magallon wrote:
> > How about this ?
>
> Yes, this is a good patch. I originally started on 2.2.x, which
> doesn't have strsep, and I didn't trust strtok (with good reason).
> I'll get rid of my little hacked up function and use strsep instead.
> Thanks for taking a look at the code.

Just by chance... I was looking for options...

BTW, i could look for it but perhaps you know the answer. I use a zip
to move files between osx at the uni and my home linux. I have always been
hit bit the short name length in hfs. Does hfs+ increase it ? If not, have
you been able to read UFS filesystems created on osx with Linux UFS ?

And finally, while we are at it, I also did some other changes, some aesthetic
and some needed to patch on top of 2.4.21-rc1:

- Changed a bit the description strings in Config.in and Configure.help to
  uniformize HFS and HFS+.
- Moved HFS+ next to HFS in Configure.in
- Killed your new_inode() macro, that function is already in -rc1 (yup, if
  you want to maintain backwards compat, it would be better to wrap it
  with a LINUX_VERSION_CODE < KERNEL_VERSION(2,4,???), since when is
  new_inode() in ?)

Modified version, including the hfsplus dir and the 64 bit changes, is at
http://giga.cps.unizar.es/~magallon/linux/hfsplus-20030507-2.bz2

Can you check it ?

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon@able.es>      \                 Software is like sex:
werewolf.able.es                         \           It's better when it's free