Re: ACPI conflict with USB

From: David van Hoose (davidvh@cox.net)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 20:55:33 EST

Stian Jordet wrote:
> Sitat Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>:
>

>>On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 05:50:36PM -0500, David van Hoose wrote:
>>
>>>I'm wondering if there is any work towards correcting the ACPI conflict
>>>with USB. On my system, I cannot use any USB devices due to a timeout
>>>anytime I use ACPI with my kernel. Other people have noticed this
>>>happening on their systems as well, so I am assuming it isn't just on my
>>>system.
>>
>>Have you tried the latest 2.5 kernels? I think this is fixed in 2.5.69
>>for the majority of people. Also, does booting with "noapic" work for
>>you?
>

> If it is supposed to have been fixed in 2.5.69, that must be the reason usb
> stopped working with acpi on 2.5.69 for me. Worked fine with 2.5.68.
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=105216850332081&w=2
>
> Only three days since I reported it, and you say it is fixed? Gee.
>
> David: The consensus on acpi-devel is to report it in bugzilla, and see what
> happens.

I'm using kernel 2.5.69-bk3 with this recent test. Booted with noapic,
and I get thousands of lines of APIC errors. I still get the 'bulk_msg:
timeout' with USB though.
This hasn't ever worked for me. First tried with 2.5.54. I don't think I
tried 2.5.68. Should I and see if it was something in a patch to 2.5.69?

Thanks,
David