Re: The disappearing sys_call_table export.

From: Chuck Ebbert (76306.1226@compuserve.com)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 04:43:20 EST

Terje wrote:

> Is there any reasonable way to be able to do modify a running kernel
> like this? I assume I can't count on the method from Phrack working
> forever...

  The Phrack method involves following int 0x80 and then looking for
an instruction in the syscall code that points to the table. (Check the
archives for pt_fix.c that I posted about a month ago.) Note that it's
trivial to break this too; I planned to post a patch to do just that
but never got around to it...