ext3/lilo/2.5.6[89] (was: [KEXEC][2.5.69] kexec for 2.5.69 available)

From: Christophe Saout (christophe@saout.de)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 15:04:16 EST

Am Fre, 2003-05-09 um 21.04 schrieb Andy Pfiffer:

> [...]
> I had an unrelated
> delay in posting this due to some strange behavior of late with LILO and
> my ext3-mounted /boot partition (/sbin/lilo would say that it updated,
> but a subsequent reboot would not include my new kernel)

So I'm not the only one having this problem... I think I first saw this
with 2.5.68 but I'm not sure.

My boot partition is a small ext3 partition on a lvm2 volume accessed
over device-mapper (I've written a lilo patch for that, but the patch is
working and) but I don't think that has something to do with the
problem.

When syncing, unmounting and waiting some time after running lilo, the
changes sometimes seem correctly written to disk, I don't know when
exactly.

Could it be that the location of /boot/map is not written to the
partition sector of /dev/hda? Or not flushed correctly or something?

After reboot the old kernel came up again (though it was moved to
vmlinuz.old).

--
Christophe Saout <christophe@saout.de>