a request for your input

From: Andrew Waterman (andrew.waterman@stanford.edu)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 13:57:35 EST

Hi All,

I'm from the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR), where we're conducting a serious, large-scale survey of open source developers called "The Free/Libre/Open Source Software Survey for 2003" (FLOSS-US). The survey's part of a larger project researching the economic organization and viability of open source software, and all results will be made public after the survey is completed.

Around 1300 developers have responded so far, including 320 from North America, 660 from Western Europe, and the rest from Russia, Latin America, Australia, India, East Asia, and elsewhere. If you have any time to spare and have not already completed our questionnaire, we would really appreciate your input. The questionnaire can be completed at: http://www.stanford.edu/group/floss-us/.

I sincerely apologize for the spammish nature of this e-mail -- I don't mean to abuse this list. We're trying hard to collect responses from as many open source developers as possible, and a mailing list like this can be the only way to reach many developers.

Thanks very much,
Andrew Waterman