Strange terminal problem with 2.5.6[8-9]

From: Matthew Harrell (lists-sender-14a37a@bittwiddlers.com)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 19:44:06 EST

The last working kernel I had under my X windows system was 2.5.67-bk7. After
that point every 2.5.6[8-9] and bk patch has had one major problem on my
laptop - when I bring up a gnome-terminal or xterm the console prompt never
shows up. The terminals just hang with a blinking cursor but I never get
a prompt. If I reboot with the same setup into my 2.5.67 or any previous
kernel then everything works fine.

This is a Debian Sid system running gnome2. Any ideas?

--
  Matthew Harrell                          Never underestimate the power of
  Bit Twiddlers, Inc.                       very stupid people in large groups.