Re: removing a single device?

From: Robert L. Harris (Robert.L.Harris@rdlg.net)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 09:12:55 EST

Does it work on scsi-emulation devices such as 3Ware raid controllers?

I'm trying to swap out a failed IDE drive on a 3Ware card. I went into
tw_cli and executed "maint remove c1 p1" and it shows the drive offline.
The disk is in what appears to be a hot-swap connection similar to SCA.
Do I need to do the line below to remove it since the 3ware card
registers the drive offline?

root@legato-disk4.acs:~# tw_cli info c1 p1
Controller 1, Port 1
----------------------
Model: Maxtor 4G160J8
Size: 163.92 GB (320173056 blocks)
Serial #: G805DE1E
FW: GAK819K0
Unit: 1

/proc/scsi/scsi does still show the device:

Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
  Vendor: 3ware Model: 3w-xxxx Rev: 1.0
  Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: ffffffff

and the echo, remove below doesn't remove it. It does happily though
work on some other systems with SCA interfaces.

Thanks,
  Robert

Thus spake Douglas Gilbert (dgilbert@interlog.com):