Re: 2.6 must-fix list, v2

From: shaheed (srhaque@iee.org)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 16:01:59 EST

On Wednesday 14 May 2003 4:59 pm, Robert Love wrote:

> You can get exclusive access with mangling the system call, simply by
> having init bind itself to the non-exclusive processors on boot.
>
> Try it. Every task will then end up on only the non-exclusive
> processors. Seems a very simple change to me, and one that can be done
> in user-space.
>
> You do not even have to modify init, if you do not want. Grab
> http://tech9.net/rml/schedutils and put a taskset call in your rc.d

Ah. I think I misread your previous note to me on this...that's why my patch
modifies init itself (it does not muck with the syscall in any way). I'll try
this as soon as I have my 2.5 multiprocessor back. BTW: what are the plans
for getting schedutils (and specifically taskset) into a normal 2.6-based
distribution? Can I be reasonably sure that this will happen?