About the fbdev optimize patch and i810fb

From: Andreas Henriksson (andreas@fjortis.info)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 03:44:19 EST

Hi James!

I recently posted about the console getting stuck when I use 2.5.69-mm6
... I'm just letting you know that I've now tried 2.5.69-bk12 with and
without your optimize patch. It works without it but the console get
stuck while booting when I use the patch... (not on the same place as
-mm6 gets stuck though).

davej was amazed I even got the i810fb working at all.... so maybee
that is works without the patch might be a coincidense ... Though the
i810fb has worked for me on all the 2.5's I've tried.. (starting from
around 2.5.50).

(I attached the patch if you wonder which one I'm talking about...
slightly modified to apply on -bk12 ..)

Regards,
Andreas Henriksson