Re: e100 driver

From: David Gómez (david@pleyades.net)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 17:20:52 EST

Hi Hugo,

On May 19 at 10:33:18, Hugo Mills wrote:
> > <31>May 19 09:05:42 kernel: hw tcp v4 csum failed
> > <31>May 19 09:11:11 kernel: icmp v4 hw csum failure
>
> I get this, too, on two recently-purchased machines. I suspect that
> the new revs of the chips are the cause -- my kernel doesn't seem to
> know about many of the device IDs on this board:

Not in my case :(, i'm using a not very recent intel ethernet card:

00:0c.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82557 [Ethernet Pro 100] (rev 08)

> Other than the odd csum failures (average of 1-2 a day on each
> box), it all seems to work perfectly.

I was getting a lot more, look:

[huma@fargo] [~] % grep csum /var/log/messages|grep "May 19"| wc -l
    443
[huma@fargo] [~] % grep csum /var/log/messages|grep "May 18"| wc -l
    486
[huma@fargo] [~] % grep csum /var/log/messages|grep "May 17"| wc -l
    425
[huma@fargo] [~] % grep csum /var/log/messages|grep "May 16"| wc -l
    953
[huma@fargo] [~] % grep csum /var/log/messages|grep "May 15"| wc -l
   1023
[huma@fargo] [~] % grep csum /var/log/messages|grep "May 14"| wc -l
    911

I've been a long time without noticing this problem, but looking casually
for another reason at the logs get me to finding these checksum errors hell ;))

--
David Gómez

"The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of whether submarines can swim." -- Edsger W. Dijkstra - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/