Re: [patch] futex requeueing feature, futex-requeue-2.5.69-D3

From: Christoph Hellwig (hch@infradead.org)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 01:56:27 EST

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 08:27:03AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> yes, but the damage has been done already, and now we've got to start the
> slow wait for the old syscall to flush out of our tree.

Actually it should go away before 2.6.0. sys_futex never was part of a
released stable kernel so having the old_ version around is silly. I
Think it's enough time until 2.6 hits the roads for people to have those
vendor libc flushed out that use it. (and sys_futex still isn't used
in the glibc CVS, only in the addon nptl package with pre-1 release
numbers.)