Re: re-aim - 2.5.69, -mm6

From: Andrew Morton (akpm@digeo.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 14:51:40 EST

Cliff White <cliffw@osdl.org> wrote:

> This is the result of running the Reaim test against the
> 2.5.69 and 2.5.69-mm6 kernels. The -mm kernels are a bit
> slower, and i'm wondering if i'm missing a tuning knob somewhere..
> advice appreciated.

I can look into the slowdown. Could you please tell me exactly how you are
invoking the benchmark? Show me what commands you're using, so I can do
exactly the same thing.

> Attempting a second pass of -mm7 caused the hang reported earlier.

I have a bad feeling I won't be able to reproduce this. If you could
capture the output from a sysrq-T (or "echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger") then
that would help a lot.

It could be a hole in the new dynamic request allocation code, or a driver
problem. Or something else.