Re: [patch] futex requeueing feature, futex-requeue-2.5.69-D3

From: Rusty Russell (rusty@rustcorp.com.au)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 19:30:54 EST

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0305211140120.2045-100000@localhost.localdomain> you
write:

> On Wed, 21 May 2003, Rusty Russell wrote:
>
> > Perhaps I was reading too much into Linus' mail, but I read it as "don't
> > obsolete the old interface and introduce a new one just because of some
> > sense of aesthetics".
>
> no. The concept is: "dont cause the user any pain". Reshuffling the
> syscall internally and providing new interfaces for the feature to be
> exposed in a cleaner way is perfectly OK as long as this does not hurt
> anything else

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree.

See, I don't think the current interface is too ugly to live.
Especially since you don't need to introduce a new arg to implement
FUTEX_REQUEUE, so there's no immediate problem with it.

Do you understand what I'm saying? If so, we can agree to disagree,
and it doesn't matter, because Linus will take your patch 8)

Cheers,
Rusty.