Re: Strange terminal problem with 2.5.6[8-9]

From: Matthew Harrell (lists-sender-14a37a@bittwiddlers.com)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 20:36:01 EST

:
: The last working kernel I had under my X windows system was 2.5.67-bk7. After
: that point every 2.5.6[8-9] and bk patch has had one major problem on my
: laptop - when I bring up a gnome-terminal or xterm the console prompt never
: shows up. The terminals just hang with a blinking cursor but I never get
: a prompt. If I reboot with the same setup into my 2.5.67 or any previous
: kernel then everything works fine.
:
: This is a Debian Sid system running gnome2. Any ideas?
:

This problem still exists with all current bk patches for 2.5.69. I'm not
even sure where to look for the problem. Since nobody else has reported a
problem I'm going to boot back to an older, working kernel and assume the
problem as something to do with the configuration I'm using (attached below).
If anyone has any ideas just let me know and I'll give them a try

--
  Matthew Harrell                          Light travels faster than sound.
  Bit Twiddlers, Inc.                       That's why some people seem smart