2.5.69 won't mount root on md device

From: Julien Oster (lkml@mf.frodoid.org)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 16:10:53 EST

Hello!

I tried out both 2.5.69 and 2.5.69-mm8, both which won't mount my root
filesystem on a RAID 1 device (/dev/md1).

All md devices are recognized and - so it seems - initialized
correctly while booting (the kernel even wants to reconstruct them if
they aren't clean) but mounting the root fs fails with the following
message:

can't mount root filesystem "901" or "/dev/md1"

(message typed from memory, no serial console currently available)

.config included. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Julien