Re: [Ext2-devel] Re: [RFC] probably invalid accounting in jbd

From: Andreas Dilger (adilger@clusterfs.com)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 11:02:14 EST

On May 23, 2003 01:26 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> umm, one possible solution to that is to rework the t_outstanding_credits
> logic so that we instead record:
>
> number of buffers attached to the transaction +
> sum of the initial size of all currently-running handles.
>
> as each handle is closed off, we subtract its initial size from the above
> metric. Any buffers which that handle happened to add to the lists would
> have already been accounted for, when they were added.

One other benefit of doing it that way is that having the original handle
size kept in the handle means that you can properly flag errors when a
nested transaction is "started" on an existing handle and the new start
wants more credits than were actually in the handle.

Cheers, Andreas

--
Andreas Dilger