Re: [OT] I love Linux!

From: Robert de Bath (robert$@mayday.cix.co.uk)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 14:58:28 EST

On Sun, 25 May 2003, Ryan Anderson wrote:

> On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 09:52:00AM +0100, Robert de Bath wrote:
> > > *** ext3 journal has been deleted - filesystem is now ext2 only ***
>
> Did you ever put the journal back on?

No actually I haven't, (by choice) the FS is now read-only too as it's
"only" /boot.

> [...]
>
> > Wow! I love Linux!
>
> I do too - but after watching that happen, I'd be checking my backups.
> :) That's a lot of luck to burn through in one day.

Actually I didn't believe it at first, so I recovered the files from
backup before I risked a reboot; but when they compared the same as the
backup I tried it anyway. I've also checked all the other filesystems
and done a fresh (verified!) L0 backup. :)

Anyway I might have balanced out a bit on the luck front; I had one of
those 'Oh shit' moments with a 'doze system a couple of days ago.
I thought I was wiping the start of a virtual (vmware) disk ...

--
Rob. (Robert de Bath <robert$ @ debath.co.uk>)
<http://www.cix.co.uk/~mayday>