Re: Aix7xxx unstable in 2.4.21-rc2? (RE: Linux 2.4.21-rc2)

From: Willy Tarreau (willy@w.ods.org)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 00:04:15 EST

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 01:47:13AM -0300, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> Justin used to say "use my latest driver" when people reported problems.
> Read lkml.

I agree, but honnestly, when a driver author remembers about hundreds of bugs
fixed between the version the user complains about and the last one, it's
difficult to point the real problem, and then to say to this people "just
apply this little fix for this particular bug, and cross your fingers not to
be caught by the 99 others".

> Justin could well have fixed the problems in the current driver instead
> answering "use my latest driver", couldnt he?

I think he could have tried to fix the most obvious ones and then say
"Marcelo, my old driver is plain buggy, here are a few fixes for the
complainers, but it's about to explode, please plan on a full upgrade soon".

Anyway, what is done is done. It's nonsense always talking about the past,
we'd all better spend our time fixing bugs.

Regards,
Willy