Re: [bug] 2.5.68: USB + renaming/splitting SCSI ?

From: Nico Schottelius (schottelius@wdt.de)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 07:07:13 EST

satyakumar.y@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Tue, May 27, 2003 at 11:33:35AM +0530]:
> recompile the kernel selecting the
> usb device file system option in usb support

The problem was I didn't have scsi / scsi_disk support..
Also I forgot to mount usbdevfs (but which is only informative,afai can see).

It's a little bit weired to have scsi support for usb discs..
perhaps scsi / scsi_disk should be splitted into _real_ scsi support
and generic modular (block) device support..
like mod_disk, mod_cdrom, mod_tape.
What do you think about this ?

Nico

--
Please send your messages pgp-signed and/or pgp-encrypted (don't encrypt mails