Getting APIC interrupts

From: Kendrick Hamilton (hamilton@sedsystems.ca)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 10:08:25 EST

Hi,
please CC hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with responses/dicsussion
regarding this posting.

We developped a modulator card and device driver for linux. The
card is a PCI card. When installed in an IBM E-server, dual processor xeon
computer, the linux kernel does not receive any interupts. If I cat
/proc/interrupts, the card is assigned interrupt 10 on the XT-PIC. The
only other device assigned to the XT-PIC is cascade. When we check the
card's intterupt line with an oscilloscope, we see that an interrupt is
being generated.
A temporary work around is to use the noapic flag with the kernel.
I am wondering if there is a special call when requesting the interrupt
that I can use to get the interrupt to go through the APIC so I don't need
the noapic flag?

--
Kendrick Hamilton E.I.T.
SED Systems, a division of Calian Ltd.