HELP: No framebuffer option in config

From: Artemio (artemio@artemio.net)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 13:41:11 EST

Hello.

I have a clean 2.4.20 kernel.

I run "make menuconfig" but I can't see the "Frame-buffer support" section in
"Console drivers" menu.

I can only compile the kernel without famebuffer support.It runs okay in text
mode, but you know why FB support is needed.

Yes, I copied all the sources from tarball. Tried several times.

I tried to insert the lines from a standard config that add framebuffer
support, but "make bzImage" returned an error at framebuffer font support.

Where did the frame-buffer section go?

What should I do to bring it back into config menu?

Thanks for any advise.

Artemio.