Is ALSA broken in 2.5.70?

From: David van Hoose (davidvh@cox.net)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 23:00:29 EST

Can anyone help me figure out why ALSA is not working on my 2.5.70-bk1 setup? I tried ALSA 0.9.2 with 2.4.21-rc5 and it worked. I tried 0.9.3c with 2.4.21-rc5 and it didn't work. I'm thinking I did not catch something important in the last change.
I'm running RedHat 9 with KDE as my desktop.
I have a AC'97 CMI9739A SiS7012 onboard sound device.
I am using the intel8x0 driver. Everything is configured as defined in the ALSA Documentation in the kernel doc directory. I also looked for more help from the ALSA site, but I can't find any help.
Has anyone gotten it to work under 2.5.70?
I have all of ALSA compiled as modules in my config except for pci modules which I only have the intel8x0 selection as a module.

Thanks,
David